Open-Faced Avocado Egg Salad Sandwich
- 1 medium (200 grams) avocado, coarsely chopped
- 3 large (50 grams, each) hard-boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup (5 grams) packed baby arugula or kale
- 2 large slices (45 grams) heirloom tomato
- 2 slices (65 grams) low calorie whole wheat bread, toasted
Mash avocado slightly in a large bowl. Stir in lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Stir in chopped eggs.
Place 1 tomato slice on each piece of toast. Arrange 2 tablespoons arugula on each and top evenly with avocado mixture.
Serves: 2 | Serving Size: 1 open-faced avocado egg salad sandwich
Per serving: Calories: 354; Total Fat: 24g; Saturated Fat: 5g; Monounsaturated Fat: 13g; Cholesterol: 280mg; Sodium: 397mg; Carbohydrate: 24g; Dietary Fiber: 9g; Sugar: 8g; Protein: 14g
Nutrition Bonus: Potassium: 672mg; Iron: 14%; Vitamin A: 12%; Vitamin C: 21%; Calcium: 8%