Mini Flatbread Pizzas
- 2 tablespoons pizza sauce
- 2 (1-ounce or 30 grams) mini reduced-calorie pita breads
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 6 grape tomatoes, halved (2 ounces or 30 grams)
- 1/2 small yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced red onion
- Garnish: 4 small sprigs or 8 small leaves fresh basil
Preheat oven or toaster oven to 400°F.
Spread 1 tablespoon pizza sauce on top of each pita. Sprinkle evenly with basil. Stir together cheeses, and dollop on pizza. Arrange tomatoes, peppers and onion evenly on top.
Bake for 5 minutes, or until cheese melts and vegetables are tender. Garnish with basil leaves, if desired.
Serves: 2 | Serving Size: 1 mini pizza
Per serving: Calories: 104; Total Fat: 3g; Saturated Fat: 2g; Monounsaturated Fat: 0g; Cholesterol: 9mg; Sodium: 203mg; Carbohydrate: 15g; Dietary Fiber: 2g; Sugar: 4g; Protein: 6g
Nutrition Bonus: Potassium: 173mg; Iron: 7%; Vitamin A: 10%; Vitamin C: 54%; Calcium: 12%