Chocolate Protein Pancakes
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
- 2 coconut nectar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 large egg or 3 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 tbsp coconut butter, melted, and a bit more for banana slices
- 2 bananas, sliced into ¼ inch thick rounds
- 1 tsp cacao
NOTE: Add more almond milk if the mixture gets too thick!
- Whisk flour, nectar, baking powder, salt in medium bowl.
- Add slightly beaten egg, almond milk, and butter
- Whisk until combined but still slightly lumpy
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Place 5 banana rounds in pan about 3 inches apart. Spoon 1 tbsp batter over each
- Cook until large bubbles cover the surface (about 1 – 2 minutes).
- Flip and coo until bottom is golden brown (about 1 minute more).
- Transfer to baking sheet and keep war in the oven.
- Repeat with remaining banana round and batter.
- Sauté extra banana slices in butter until golden and serve with pancakes